Our Mission:

Our Mission: To enable individuals and communities to take an active part in the cultivation of systems that provide the highest quality fruits, vegetables, herbs and other yields, in a way that benefits themselves, cares for the land and environment, and provides a surplus to use, share and reinvest into the system.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pesticide Free Japanese Beetle Control - Update

Last week we talked about Japanese Beetles, and pesticide free solutions.  I must say the bait traps have worked amazingly well.  The first two days after placing the traps, I only found two beetles on my cherry tree.  So happy for that!  I have dumped gallons of the dead ones into the compost bins, and they stink.  I posted a video of me dumping the trap into a bucket of soapy water to dispatch them. 

Too many bugs for the included bag so I ended up opening the bottom and placed a 5 gallon bucket filled with soapy water under it to collect them.  That seemed to work a lot better and stress the ties and the bag attachment less.

I think the worst has past, but will still apply the milky spore and "attack nematodes" around our yard and maybe a couple neighbors' if they let me.

Good luck with yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment