Abundant Design LLC is a small, but growing, permaculture based landscaping business located in central Iowa. At Abundant Design, we help people build resiliency through edible landscapes and gardens, establish wildlife habitat and conservation practices. We help provide experiences with nature and enjoyment of Creation in customers' backyards, properties and communities.
Similar work as the job I posted earlier this year but with the ability to lead and supervise work done to expectations. Primarily working hands on with me this Fall as we finish out the scheduled work, then lead a crew(s) next year to transform designs into reality.
Lots of digging and planting of native and edible plants, shrubs and trees; moving compost, rock and mulch; some hardscape installation and builds.
Tasks may include, but not limited to - shoveling rock, moving boulders, trenching by hand or with a machine, operating a laser level for grading, light grading with mini-skidsteer, hauling material, plantings ranging in size from large balled and burlapped (B&B) trees to delicate transplants.
- Must be physically able to work hard outside in various conditions
- Must be able to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Must be respectful of customers and their property
- Must be able to get to and from job sites around the metro
- Knowledge of/experience in permaculture, gardening, horticulture, biology/ecology, and local ecosystems
- Experience operating tools, power tools and small machinery safely and efficiently
- Interest in permaculture, conservation, regenerative agriculture and sustainability
Pay commensurate with experience.
Email your Resume/CV/Work Experience and references, if interested.
I look forward to hearing from you!