Our Mission:

Our Mission: To enable individuals and communities to take an active part in the cultivation of systems that provide the highest quality fruits, vegetables, herbs and other yields, in a way that benefits themselves, cares for the land and environment, and provides a surplus to use, share and reinvest into the system.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day Weekend

Mom helping out on a project earlier this year

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, and especially the mothers in my life!

My mom, my mother in law, plus my two grandmothers and my wonderful wife.

All have done, and are doing an amazing job with the children under their care :)

From making sure we had healthy meals and ate our vegetables, to comforting us when we had a skinned knee or lost a pet, moms have a special kind of love for their children.

Thank you!


A Mother's Day bouquet with columbines,
chive, horseradish, camassia, and
comfrey flowers - A very "Permie" Mix

I also celebrated a birthday last week, with an unexpected gift in the back yard. 

I had tried with very little success last year trying to grow nasturtiums.  Granted I was a bit early in the season, trying to get them to flower in time for the March home show, but they are supposedly easy to grow.  I filed parts of the seed coat off, I soaked them, etc. etc.  I eventually got a couple spindly looking plants in time, but no flowers until much later in the year after I transplanted them outside.

Late last week and into the weekend I found several, then another and yet another scattered about the landscape!  I must have tossed the extra seed and/or failed attempts randomly...

 Under one of our maples, and another with Echinacea and clover near the rain barrel

These were hiding out in and near the kitchen herbs
 
 
Plus projects continue...
I can't decide if the big grin is from knowing I was being photographed, really enjoying bringing this project to life, or was just happy the job was all done but the clean-up.  Probably all three!
 
Have a great week and thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment